The annual Middy in the War Years pageant (6th & 7th May) was a great success with record takings at the booking office and around the site. No doubt the weather helped by providing glorious sunshine for the two days. Trains were full and visitors were treated to drill displays by the ‘Home Guard’, jiving from the Brown Penny Dancers and music and singing from 40s style singer ‘May Blossom’. Needless to say, as they would have been in the 40s, the American ‘Cousins’, overpaid and over here were much in evidence.(Jitterbugging at Brockford photo by Helen Aitchison).
“We were very pleased with how the two days went as we had tried to make it more of a celebration of the spirit of the times,” said MSLR Events Manager Rose Weller, “And I am already starting the booking process for next year”.
- Middy and the Covid-19 effect (May 7, 2020)
- VE Day and War Years to VJ Day? (March 26, 2020)
- Middy cancellation and postponement plans (March 22, 2020)
- Easter Steam-Up first Coronavirus cancellation at the Middy (March 19, 2020)
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May – CANCELLED (February 14, 2020)