As most of you who have been to the railway recently are aware, we have a new arrival. Ruston 48 No.294266. Previously owned by the late Sir William McAlpine, one of our volunteers, Lawrie Rose was able to complete the purchase just before the legendary railway enthusiast died (think Pendennis Castle and of course Flying Scotsman).
What makes this little loco so special is that it is a member of the only class of diesel to ever work on the old MSLR. And then it was employed in the lifting of the line. Hopefully, in the not too distant future, this little Ruston will be used in the exact opposite task, the relaying of track up to Aspall Halt.
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May (February 14, 2020)
- Easter Steam Up 12th & 13th April (February 14, 2020)
- Middy in the War Years 2020 (February 14, 2020)
- Christmas and New Year’s Day ‘sell outs’ at the Middy (January 3, 2020)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)