The Middy guest loco for the 2019 summer season ‘Sirapite’ from the Long Shop Museum at Leiston arrived by low loader on Friday 26th April. Also seen here on shed at Brockford m.p.d.
Although the loco is not fitted with vacuum braking and therefore cannot be used on passenger traffic, it will be seen frequently on shunting and light freight duties and photo opportunities during the summer.
This is the first time ‘Sirapite’ has been away from it’s Leiston home and making a working visit to another railway. It will also be the first time for very many years that this legendary engine will have the space to run more than a few yards.
- Christmas and New Year’s Day ‘sell outs’ at the Middy (January 3, 2020)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)
- 2020 Events Programme (November 25, 2019)
- Santas sold out for 2019 (November 25, 2019)
- Lady McAlpine visits the Middy (November 25, 2019)