The Middy guest loco for the 2019 summer season ‘Sirapite’ from the Long Shop Museum at Leiston arrived by low loader on Friday 26th April. Also seen here on shed at Brockford m.p.d.
Although the loco is not fitted with vacuum braking and therefore cannot be used on passenger traffic, it will be seen frequently on shunting and light freight duties and photo opportunities during the summer.
This is the first time ‘Sirapite’ has been away from it’s Leiston home and making a working visit to another railway. It will also be the first time for very many years that this legendary engine will have the space to run more than a few yards.
- Important Addition to Middy Museum Collection. (July 1, 2020)
- New Permanent Way Storage Van (June 30, 2020)
- Middy to remain closed until further notice (June 30, 2020)
- 1604 Progress (June 30, 2020)
- Middy Shop has exclusive rights to sell MSLR ‘Bible’ (June 23, 2020)