Steve Latham (copper welder at Mervyn Mayes’ – our boiler repair contractor) completed repairs to 1604’s firebox in a much shorter timescale than we could ever have hoped for. And the firebox has now received its formal pass certificate. So we are now in a position to refit the inner firebox and a new tube plate as soon as we can get back to work.
Great progress is also being made with the boiler itself which, even in these abnormal times, are reasons to be jolly!
- Important Addition to Middy Museum Collection. (July 1, 2020)
- New Permanent Way Storage Van (June 30, 2020)
- Middy to remain closed until further notice (June 30, 2020)
- 1604 Progress (June 30, 2020)
- Middy Shop has exclusive rights to sell MSLR ‘Bible’ (June 23, 2020)