Steve Latham (copper welder at Mervyn Mayes’ – our boiler repair contractor) completed repairs to 1604’s firebox in a much shorter timescale than we could ever have hoped for. And the firebox has now received its formal pass certificate. So we are now in a position to refit the inner firebox and a new tube plate as soon as we can get back to work.
Great progress is also being made with the boiler itself which, even in these abnormal times, are reasons to be jolly!
- 1604 on the move (May 6, 2021)
- Middy and Shreddie scoop the HRA Preservation Award (April 29, 2021)
- Middy relaunches Sponsor-a-Sleeper Campaign (March 22, 2021)
- Track Extension – we are getting there! (March 19, 2021)
- Green Light for Middy in the War Years 30th & 31st May (February 24, 2021)