Beyer Peacock no.1 of 1879 arrived at Brockford on Monday 23rd May and will be the main train engine for our Middy in the 1940s weekend. No.1 is certainly the oldest loco ever to run on the Middy and may even be the oldest steam locomotive in operation in the country this weekend. The Cockerill tram, itself well over 100 years old, will also be in action giving shunting demonstrations during the weekend.
Great photo opportunities to be had with both engines in steam.
- New Open Day for East Anglian Traction Engine Society Rally – WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY (June 19, 2022)
- Beyer Peacock no.1 arrives at Brockford (May 25, 2022)
- Oldest ever loco for Middy in the 1940s (May 19, 2022)
- Hurricane Flypast at Middy in the 1940s 28th May (April 8, 2022)
- Platinum Jubilee Steam 5th June (March 28, 2022)