As you can imagine activity is pretty limited at the moment as part of our charm is that our public buildings, locos and vehicles are either original or in keeping with the old Middy and therefore quite small. Whilst the current social distancing regime is in place all of the aspects of our museum cannot be made safe without a stupendous amount of expenditure which would destroy the very atmosphere that makes our museum so good and so unique. It wouldn’t be the Middy by the time that suitable measures were in place. The only solution is therefore to “batten down the hatches and ride out the storm”.
- Important Addition to Middy Museum Collection. (July 1, 2020)
- New Permanent Way Storage Van (June 30, 2020)
- Middy to remain closed until further notice (June 30, 2020)
- 1604 Progress (June 30, 2020)
- Middy Shop has exclusive rights to sell MSLR ‘Bible’ (June 23, 2020)