The Middy has confirmed their guest locomotive for 2019 will be ‘Sirapite’, the near legendary 1906 Aveling & Porter 0-4-0-WT, which was the works shunter at Garretts of Leiston for over 30 years.
‘Sirapite’ has never made a working visit to another railway and the Middy is very pleased to welcome this example of East Anglian Railway history to join us this year.
‘Sirapite’ is basically a traction engine on rails and weighs only 8 tons 10 cwt, too light to pull passenger vehicles, so during the Middy steaming season it will be in action on selected days on shunting and goods vehicle demonstrations.
Details will be published on the Middy web site once dates are confirmed.
- Christmas and New Year’s Day ‘sell outs’ at the Middy (January 3, 2020)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)
- 2020 Events Programme (November 25, 2019)
- Santas sold out for 2019 (November 25, 2019)
- Lady McAlpine visits the Middy (November 25, 2019)