Very pleased to announce that we are scheduled for a flypast by the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight Hawker Hurricane IIC on Saturday 28th May, subject as always to ‘weather permitting’.
The Hurricane played an essential part in the Battle of Britain and other theatres during the 1940s. Despite being overshadowed by the Spitfire, the Hurricane was in fact responsible for 60% of German losses during the battle. Over 14,500 were built up to the end of production in 1944, some 17 are in airworthy condition.
The distinctive sound of the Rolls Royce Merlin engine always adds to the atmosphere of 1940s at the Middy and we look forward to seeing and hearing this iconic aircraft again.
The Hurricane will also be visiting on the Platinum Jubilee Celebration Steam Railway Day 5th June.
- Hurricane Flypast at Middy in the 1940s 28th May (April 8, 2022)
- Platinum Jubilee Steam 5th June (March 28, 2022)
- Middy in the 1940s 28th & 29th May (March 28, 2022)
- Easter Steam Up 17th & 18th April (January 3, 2022)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light Festival – Event Postponed (December 22, 2021)