As an extra attraction to our Steam Railway Day this weekend we have been able to obtain the services of Middy Driver, Lawrie Rose, to give live presentations on two of his passions, the Ruston & Hornsby 48DS shunter. (previous owned by Sir William McAlpine) and his Dennis Jupiter fire engine, which he will also be displaying in the station forecourt.
Lawrie is a long time supporter and volunteer at the Middy and is now becoming better known through his ‘Lawrie’s Mechanical Marvels’ on Facebook making promos for many of the other preserved railways around the country.
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)
- Middy Bookings from Steam Railway Day 25th July (July 14, 2021)
- Two Locos in steam from July 18th (July 12, 2021)
- Middy Shop Refit (June 29, 2021)
- Tea Room under new management (June 29, 2021)