As an extra attraction to our Steam Railway Day this weekend we have been able to obtain the services of Middy Driver, Lawrie Rose, to give live presentations on two of his passions, the Ruston & Hornsby 48DS shunter. (previous owned by Sir William McAlpine) and his Dennis Jupiter fire engine, which he will also be displaying in the station forecourt.
Lawrie is a long time supporter and volunteer at the Middy and is now becoming better known through his ‘Lawrie’s Mechanical Marvels’ on Facebook making promos for many of the other preserved railways around the country.
- Steam & Light Festival Jan 1st 2022 (October 22, 2021)
- 2021 Santa Specials (September 29, 2021)
- Additional Steam Railway Day 12th September (August 9, 2021)
- Love Your Railway (August 2, 2021)
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)