So as not to clash with the celebrations of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday, this year’s Middy in the 1940s event will take place over the Saturday and Sunday before.
Plans are already well advanced for the grand array of displays and exhibits and, of course, many of our favourite re-enactors and ‘personalities’, including the friends from the German Alpine Corps, who joined us for the first time last summer.
This year will feature some of the contributions made by women at the time with displays from and about the WVS, Women’s Land Army and American Women in East Anglia. There will be a range of military and civilian vehicles of the period and stalls selling everything from clothing, collectables, toys, milietaria, wartime paperwork and magazines.
Both days will feature some 1940s style music from Kitty Collins on Saturday 28th May and the Laxfield Community Choir on Sunday 29th May.
We will be selling tickets in advance from mid-April through this web site, but we also hope by then to be able to welcome ‘walk-in’ visitors again.
Final booking information will be available soon.
- Country and Moving Gala 3rd and 4th September (August 11, 2022)
- Wednesday 20th – East Anglian Traction Engine Society’s Route 66 Road Run – CANCELLED (July 9, 2022)
- Whole lot of shuntin’ goin’ on (July 7, 2022)
- Arrival of Wissington (July 2, 2022)
- Wissington back at the Middy (June 30, 2022)