The Middy in the War Years weekend was a brilliant success with all tickets sold before the first train set off. Aided by the fabulous weather, most un-bank-holiday-like, Brockford and Dovebrook were festooned with a great turnout of reenactors, including a small detachment of German Mountain soldiers (who sounded more like they were born within the sound of Bow Bells than Unter den Linden!), but who entered into the spirit of the event and were very popular, especially with the ‘Home Guard’ and the ‘Americans’.
The organisation handled by the Station and Infrastructure staff was faultless and it was great to see the Middy busy again on a normalish open day (apart from Santas), for the first time since Jan 1st 2020. Being open again has surely made us many new friends, evidenced by a number of generous contributions to the Extension project, and we are looking forward to continuing our programme for the rest of the summer.
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)
- Middy Bookings from Steam Railway Day 25th July (July 14, 2021)
- Two Locos in steam from July 18th (July 12, 2021)
- Middy Shop Refit (June 29, 2021)
- Tea Room under new management (June 29, 2021)