One of the Middy’s most popular events is scheduled for the second bank holiday weekend 30th and 31st May in the new 2021 programme.
Middy in the War years celebrates the one time when the railway paid its way when, during WW2 the MSLR served the USAAF bases at Mendlesham and Horham satisfying the constant demand for ammunition, men and supplies.
Subject, of course to the coronavirus regulations in place at the time, we hope this year’s event will be able to carry out most of the plans we had in place for the VE Day anniversary last year, including parades, displays of military equipment and vehicles, and music of the period both live and recorded, plus a flypast by The Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.
Dates, times and appearances to be confirmed as soon as possible.
- 1604 on the move (May 6, 2021)
- Middy and Shreddie scoop the HRA Preservation Award (April 29, 2021)
- Middy relaunches Sponsor-a-Sleeper Campaign (March 22, 2021)
- Track Extension – we are getting there! (March 19, 2021)
- Green Light for Middy in the War Years 30th & 31st May (February 24, 2021)