As we get into the summer season proper, casual Middy observers might be forgiven for thinking that Brockford Station is becoming more of a motor show venue than the MSLR HQ, as the number of special vehicles descending on the car park is getting thicker and faster.
On 3rd June we were pleased to host a rally of the East Anglian Practical Classic group and no less than 16 fabulous vehicles visited us for the first time and we hope we might see them again next year
Coming on 16th June are the Suffolk Vehicle Enthusiasts, followed by the Aston Martin Owners Club on 23rd June, followed by the Land Rover Owners Club on 7th July. Then there is a short break until 28th July when the Tivetshall Old Ram Vintage Tractor Club make their second visit.
The Middy is delighted that these organisations are finding our unique railway a sympathetic destination for their outings and rallies. It’s helping us to raise our profile and thus keep the Middy alive and well, as visitors will get not just as many train rides as they like, but a chance to see and learn about some exceptional and historic vehicles first hand.
- VE Day and War Years to VJ Day? (March 26, 2020)
- Middy cancellation and postponement plans (March 22, 2020)
- Easter Steam-Up first Coronavirus cancellation at the Middy (March 19, 2020)
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May (February 14, 2020)
- Easter Steam Up 12th & 13th April – Cancelled (February 14, 2020)