As you will know the shop has been closed for most of 2020 and the first part of 2021. During this time, we have taken the opportunity to refit the shop and now, our new shop volunteers Chrissy and Tony Holt (and Chrissy’s mum Frances left in accompanying photo) have opened a bright and spacious area selling new and rare second-hand railway books, a selection of greetings cards, toys and Thomas, Middy regalia and railway models (including our LNER Brake Van from the Hornby OO range). Thanks to all of you who have donated books, memorabilia etc. for our shop. We now also have a very extensive range of reasonable priced books in the Porter’s Room on the station platform. When you visit it is well worth a rummage through the bookshelves, you never know what might be there to grab your interest, there are even some non-LNER books!
- Steam & Light Festival Jan 1st 2022 (October 22, 2021)
- 2021 Santa Specials (September 29, 2021)
- Additional Steam Railway Day 12th September (August 9, 2021)
- Love Your Railway (August 2, 2021)
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)