In early January work started to remove to remove the boards sitting on top of the supporting frame. This proved to be a very good idea: the underlying cross members were completely rotten and required immediate replacement. New timbers were ordered and, following considerable discussion about possible re-siting, work was proceeded with to produce the stage with a slightly reduced footprint and height. Following a clearance test with two of our locos on 27th February, the stage was pronounced fully operational and ready for the first firing of the year.
Photo: A volunteer performing a clog dance to ensure stability of the stage.
- Middy and the Covid-19 effect (May 7, 2020)
- VE Day and War Years to VJ Day? (March 26, 2020)
- Middy cancellation and postponement plans (March 22, 2020)
- Easter Steam-Up first Coronavirus cancellation at the Middy (March 19, 2020)
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May – CANCELLED (February 14, 2020)