In early January work started to remove to remove the boards sitting on top of the supporting frame. This proved to be a very good idea: the underlying cross members were completely rotten and required immediate replacement. New timbers were ordered and, following considerable discussion about possible re-siting, work was proceeded with to produce the stage with a slightly reduced footprint and height. Following a clearance test with two of our locos on 27th February, the stage was pronounced fully operational and ready for the first firing of the year.
Photo: A volunteer performing a clog dance to ensure stability of the stage.
- Christmas and New Year’s Day ‘sell outs’ at the Middy (January 3, 2020)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)
- 2020 Events Programme (November 25, 2019)
- Santas sold out for 2019 (November 25, 2019)
- Lady McAlpine visits the Middy (November 25, 2019)