Attention all steam fans! A great new extra day for our 2022 programme is now confirmed. The Middy has been chosen as a stopping point during the East Anglian Traction Engine Society Rally. During the day we will be visited by dozens of traction engines from one of the oldest and largest traction engine societies as they make their sedate way from Palgrave to Woolpit. It will be an extra day within our summer schedule and, because we believe it could be a major attraction for steam fans, we are pleased to be open for their visit on a Wednesday.
We will be opening all our usual facilities and steam trains will be running, so visitors will be able to spend longer watching the engines arriving and slowly negotiating their way into the Brockford Station concourse.
Normal Steam Railway Day Prices apply but the opening time changes slightly from 10.30 a.m to 4.00 p.m.
- New Open Day for East Anglian Traction Engine Society Rally – WEDNESDAY 20TH JULY (June 19, 2022)
- Beyer Peacock no.1 arrives at Brockford (May 25, 2022)
- Oldest ever loco for Middy in the 1940s (May 19, 2022)
- Hurricane Flypast at Middy in the 1940s 28th May (April 8, 2022)
- Platinum Jubilee Steam 5th June (March 28, 2022)