Due to to the continued uncertainty surrounding the ability to run a safe event, the Events Committee of the Mid Suffolk Light Railway have regrettably reached the decision to postpone the opening on New Year’s Day.
This decision means that the Museum and railway will be closed both for the exhibition and running of trains on January 1st 2022.
We apologise for the disappointment, but we are sure that visitors and supporters of the Middy will appreciate us erring on the side of caution at this time of the potential worsening of the Covid crisis. Together with the likelihood of further restrictions, maybe, being implemented this uncertainty coupled with our wish to keep visitors, exhibitors and volunteers safe has to be the correct strategy at this time.
We very much hope that as the position regarding the spread of the virus clarifies, we will be able to reinstate this popular festival in the not too distant future.
- Hurricane Flypast at Middy in the 1940s 28th May (April 8, 2022)
- Platinum Jubilee Steam 5th June (March 28, 2022)
- Middy in the 1940s 28th & 29th May (March 28, 2022)
- Easter Steam Up 17th & 18th April (January 3, 2022)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light Festival – Event Postponed (December 22, 2021)