Once again the Middy will be open on New Year’s Day – a great opportunity to steam away the excesses of the night before (perhaps!).
This year the atmosphere will be much enhanced by a display of historical oil lamps by members of the Historical Lamps Society.
The display encompasses many beautiful and practical lamps from the commercial world to the grand houses dating from the the mid-Victorian era. They will be arranged in the Middy Restoration Shed which will provide an ideal backdrop for showing how previous generations dealt with prolonging their working and/or leisure hours.
Come and join us from 11.00 and enjoy the feel of the bygone age. Last train approx. 15.00.
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May (February 14, 2020)
- Easter Steam Up 12th & 13th April (February 14, 2020)
- Middy in the War Years 2020 (February 14, 2020)
- Christmas and New Year’s Day ‘sell outs’ at the Middy (January 3, 2020)
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)