On Sunday 19th August the Mid Suffolk Light Railway unveiled the latest addition to the Middy collection, completely refurbished 1933 Dennis Mace lorry, now fitted with a Dennis engine and after many years again operational.
Following an introduction by Middy Chairman John Stark, the guest of honour Mr. Roger Heard OBE, retired Sales Director of Dennis Bus & Fire Engine Co., addressed the crowd of visitors on the history of the Dennis Company, now mainly involved in international bus manufacturing.
The restoration was carried out by the volunteer team at the MSLR Carriage & Wagon Works led by Works Manager, John Holmes
The Middy was also visited during the day by some 20 plus members of the Norwich Vintage Motorcycle Club, two traction engines and a Dennis fire Engine.
The Dennis Mace makes a very welcome addition to the Middy collection, albeit an example of the competition that finally put paid to the railway.
- New Year’s Day Steam & Light (November 25, 2019)
- 2020 Events Programme (November 25, 2019)
- Santas sold out for 2019 (November 25, 2019)
- Lady McAlpine visits the Middy (November 25, 2019)
- Ipswich Model Engineers at The Country Railway Gala 7th & 8th September (August 6, 2019)