For those enthusiasts who have only heard about ‘Sirapite’ or just seen the loco cold at the Long Shop Museum here is the good news about the steaming programme at the Middy.
Subject to usual caveats about old steam locomotives, regular shunting and light freight demonstrations are planned for the legendary Aveling & Porter 0-4-0 whilst at the MSLR this summer.
The Schedule of dates is as follows:
May 26th & 27th
June 9th & 23rd
July 14th & 28th
August 11th, 18th, 25th & 26th
September 7th & 8th
Plenty of opportunities to see this extraordinary locomotive in action – pictured here at Brockford by Paul Macowan during the War Years Event 5th May.
- VE Day and War Years to VJ Day? (March 26, 2020)
- Middy cancellation and postponement plans (March 22, 2020)
- Easter Steam-Up first Coronavirus cancellation at the Middy (March 19, 2020)
- Everything Goes 24th & 25th May (February 14, 2020)
- Easter Steam Up 12th & 13th April – Cancelled (February 14, 2020)