It’s all change in the Middy Tea Rooms with Sue and Michael Pearce, who have both worked in the catering sector for over 30 years including pubs, 19th holes, canteens, war zones and 4 years in a Greek taverna, hence the Mediterranean influences.
Michael and Sue have taken on the management of the Middy Café as a business venture, so in addition to catering for visitors on steam open days, the café will be opening on Wednesday and Saturday mornings for food and drinks for volunteers and on Friday evenings from 6.00pm until 9.00pm for takeaway food in conjunction with the Middy Bar.
When we can open properly once restrictions have been lifted, the menu will be more extensive including many homemade dishes with Mediterranean flavours. Homemade cakes will also be available – and cream teas. See accompanying photo.
We wish them all the best and hope that visitors and members will give them their support.
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)
- Middy Bookings from Steam Railway Day 25th July (July 14, 2021)
- Two Locos in steam from July 18th (July 12, 2021)
- Middy Shop Refit (June 29, 2021)
- Tea Room under new management (June 29, 2021)