After the carefully choreographed opening to the 2021 summer season, the Middy will be offering more of its unique railway credentials and providing an even more interesting show for visitors by running two locos in steam for the next four weekends from July 18th.
Our Bagnall saddle tank, ‘Nick’ works no. 2565, will continue as the main ‘train engine’. Then the Cockerill Tram, works no. 2525, will come off shed slightly later and make a few trips light engine on the coal stage road before being attached to the rear of four consecutive trains starting at 13.00.
Two locos in steam on a train comprising three genuine Victorian 4-wheel coaches – quite a show for the Middy!
- More Ticketing News after 19th July: walk-in or pre-book (July 20, 2021)
- Middy Bookings from Steam Railway Day 25th July (July 14, 2021)
- Two Locos in steam from July 18th (July 12, 2021)
- Middy Shop Refit (June 29, 2021)
- Tea Room under new management (June 29, 2021)