We are very pleased to report that Hudswell Clarke No.1700 ‘Wissington’ will be back at the Middy as our main locomotive for the rest of the 2022 season.
Wissington returns to us after a break of nearly 6 years from the North Norfolk Railway where she has just undergone a complete overhaul.
Previously the 1938 ex- British Sugar Corporation loco has worked the Middy from July 2012 to January 2013, returning to owners M & G N Joint Railway Society at Sheringham. Back again to Brockford on 30th April 2013 until September 2015, then back again for the summer season starting May 2016. Obviously a regular and welcome visitor to the Middy and respected as a capable performer by the MSLR footplate crews.
- Country and Moving Gala 3rd and 4th September (August 11, 2022)
- Wednesday 20th – East Anglian Traction Engine Society’s Route 66 Road Run – CANCELLED (July 9, 2022)
- Whole lot of shuntin’ goin’ on (July 7, 2022)
- Arrival of Wissington (July 2, 2022)
- Wissington back at the Middy (June 30, 2022)